Last updated: 12/19/22
A good gift is hard to find, especially for me. Generally if I want something, I’ll buy it for myself.
My general philosophy for gifts is to get something that the person doesn’t know about but I know they would enjoy, or get something that person knows of and would enjoy, but would never get for themselves. That philosophy would work well in buying gifts for me.
- (physical) soundboard
- adjustable dumbbell / weight
- lawn games, e.g. bocce, especially if they are not really big and hard to store / transport
- Sony wH1000XM4, ideally the blue variant
- Pixel 7 phone stand + charger
- gift bundles are totally great
- unique and good draft boxes
- fancy: commissioned alters of my favorite cards
I am generally in favor of experiential gifts because I have too much stuff.
- unique shows, performances, etc. Some examples: Batsu, Too Much Light Blinds the Baby
- coaching: basketball
- classes: cooking, mixology/bartending
Other Gifts Ideas that I Wouldn’t Like But Maybe Inspire You
- Subscription boxes